3200 Firewheel Drive, Flower Mound, TX 75028 972-539-7284
SPECIAL FIELD TRIPS
Our philosophy of education encourages students to achieve short-term and long-term goals. GCA’s rewards-based program includes Semester Honor Roll trips to help keep students focused on their academic goals.
Honor Roll: 88%-93% grade average and complete academic requirements.
- These students are eligible for the Honor Roll field trip
Distinguished Honor Roll: 94% or better grade average and complete the academic requirements.
- These students are taken on the Honor Roll field trip as well as treated to lunch on a separate day.
Ribbons, certificates, plaques, letters, and trophies are presented as the highlight at our annual Awards Program held at the close of each regular academy year. Students strive during the year to attain awards in the following categories: Academics, Athletics, Fine Arts, Performance Arts and Character.
The following is a list of awards commonly presented:
- Academic Awards
- Honor Roll**
- Distinguished Honor Roll**
- Supervisor’s Award
- Outstanding Student Award
- School Spirit Award
- Christian Character Award
- Miss GCA
- Mr. GCA
- Pastor’s Award
** Students must have obtained Honor Roll all four quarters.
Monthly Scripture Memorization (must have recited all monthly Scriptures during the student’s enrollment) (This includes Seniors finishing early.)
Perfect Attendance (must be enrolled in GCA for the entire school year)
- Excellent Attendance – Students who were not absent more than five days (must be enrolled in GCA for the entire school year)
- Best Workstation Award
- Character Trait Award
- Penmanship Award
- Scripture Challenge Award
- Literature Certificates
- Art Awards
- Outstanding Christian Service Award
- Athletics (Athletic awards are given on the basis of physical ability and moral character.)
- Basketball (boys)
- Soccer (boys)
- Volleyball (girls)
- Cheerleading (girls)